Join our team:
The Westlake Village Inn Resort and Spa is looking for a full time and also a part time line cook for our very busy banquet kitchen.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Prepares food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Maintain post on kitchen line as required during the operating hours in order to prepare food to order maintaining the highest standards of efficiency productivity and quality.
- Prepare food for Banquets as required following specifications of Banquet Event Orders.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Must have a good understanding of ingredients, product and equipment.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other associates.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume banquet kitchen.
- Superior knife skills, experience with butchery and be well versed in cooking temperatures.
- California Food handler’s card required
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling & sanitation standards
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required.
- Must have a flexible schedule as overtime may be required from time-to-time.
- Must be able to carry, lift, push, and pull up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop regularly.
- Must be able to work with grills, ovens, and stovetops.