Join our team:
Our Front Desk Associates welcomes and registers hotel guests, explaining the accommodations and establishing credit or method of payment. Checks guest out of hotel, preparing and explaining the bill. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Westlake Village Inn policies.
Shift Hours: Four to Eight hour shifts. Scheduled days and work hours may vary based on need.
- Checks guests in and out in an efficient and friendly manner ensuring that the correct rate is charged for the room. Checks guests out of the hotel, ascertains guest’s satisfaction, posts late charges and presents bills to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Maintains balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Makes change and issues paid outs reconciling all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel service, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guests will be in person or via telephone.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Accepts reservations, changes, and cancellations in the absence of reservations department staff. Answers telephone calls to the hotel and directs them appropriately
- Coordinates arrivals, departures, and billing requirements.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. Follows up on credit issues. Reviews all paid outs and rebates and direct bill accounts. Checks day shift work to ensure that all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and wellbeing of hotel guests and employees. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Utilizes a computer system to check guests in and out of rooms, run daily reports, run night audit reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
Desired Skills and experiences
- Minimum one-year experience as front desk associate
- Excellent communications skills using the English language.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Experience using Visual One
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions so this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit and stand walk, hear and talk for long periods of time
- Must be manually dexterous able to use hands, fingers and arms for extensive periods of time
- Ability to move freely inside and outside of the facility to assist guests as necessary.
- Able to lift can carry up to 25 pounds