Join our team: The Westlake Village Inn Resort and Spa is currently hiring pool bartender for the season! Applicants for this position must be super friendly and outgoing, conservative in appearance, possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to spend the majority of their shift outdoors and have a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends. Shifts will run from late morning to early evening and will require exposure to sun and high temperatures.
*Must have open availability*
- Retrieve, stock, restock, and drop off towels, juices, fruits, and other items or amenities needed in the area to provide
- Prepare drinks at the pool bar for our guest to enjoy
- Set up, relocate and maintain all pool deck equipment.
- prioritize, organize and follow-up with any quest inquiry’s
- understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary meals.
- Clean and set-up of pool chairs.
- Assist guests and residents in seating, offering towels, and informing them of amenities, hotel information and food and beverage service; offer cold towels, water mists and glasses of water.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- High School diploma or higher
- One-year bartending experience
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work independently and take direction
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situation
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage, towels, etc. to guests
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas
- Ability to work outdoors and in the sun and shade for up to 8 hours
- Ability to maintain good coordination