Join our team
Mediterraneo is looking for a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals to serve to our patrons. The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning, prepping food, cooking meals, and keeping a sanitized work area. We seek an individual who has experience in the foodservice industry and is committed to impeccable food quality and presentation, which is very important for our business.
This position is primarily responsible for cleaning public areas, guest rooms, and bathrooms. Other duties include stocking supply carts, deep room-cleaning projects, and assisting with other duties as needed. The ideal candidate will be a flexible team player who wants to be the bright spot in our customer’s day.
Hours Required: Part-time shifts Wednesday- Sunday, Evenings
Number of Employees Supervised: None
Compensation: Depending on experience.
- Prepares and maintains par levels of breakfast items daily
- Continually monitors food display cases to ensure par levels and correct display
- Ensures that prep table items are continuously and adequately stocked
- Reads food tickets and prepares orders in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness per standards at all times
- Ensures that all food safety rules are followed
MKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be manually dexterous
- Intermediate knife skills required
- Ability to read food tickets printed in the English language
- Previous professional kitchen experience preferred
- Sautee experience preferred
The employee must meet the physical demands to perform the essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand, walk, hear and talk for long periods
- Must be manually dexterous able to use hands, fingers, and arms for extensive periods
- Able to lift can carry up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in varying temperatures
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.