Join our team:
The Westlake Village Inn Resort and Spa is currently hiring pool staff for the season! Applicants for this position must be super friendly and outgoing, conservative in appearance, possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to spend the majority of their shift outdoors and have a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends. Shifts will run from late morning to early evening and will require exposure to sun and high temperatures.
Compensation: 15.00 + Tips
*Must have open availability.
- Serving duties; taking food orders and making deliveries including working closely with the bartenders.
- Place order, garnish and serve cocktails to guests.
- Maintain the pool area; keeping all facilities clean, replenishing and delivering towels, opening door for patrons, distribution of pool wrist bands, and moving pool chairs and umbrellas.
- Knowledge of hotel services, features, and activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and attend to guest with pool related needs.
- Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise, refer the matter to management, notify supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Follow property safety and security procedures.
- Any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor/ manager.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- 1 year serving experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work independently and take direction
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to squat and bend
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.