Corporate Sales Manager
Join our team! Are you a fast-thinking individual that seeks challenges with enthusiasm? Do you have a strong sense of urgency and enjoy a competitive sales arena in the hospitality field? Do you enjoy building relationships and continued people interaction where your flexibility and ability to “think outside of the box” is recognized and appreciated? Are you persuasive by nature, but assertive and adept in securing new clients and ensuring you are able to “close the deal”?
The Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales and is charged with meeting and or exceeding sales goals by providing complete account penetration for their geographically assigned territory by focusing on group business.
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in your market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
- Minimum of 3 years’ luxury hotel group and transient sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed sales goals by effectively negotiating and closing business
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone/email solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, and written communication
- Respond to inbound leads received within 4 hours of assignment
- Prepare written correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance
- Participation in a daily sales meeting, pre-convention meetings, training, and other sales-related meetings as required
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide 4 Diamond service to customers
- Proactively pursue new business development opportunities on a regular basis according to market assignment
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers
- Professionally represent the hotel in community, industry organizations, and tradeshows. Overnight travel may be required
- Participate as a team player with all departments
- Complete all required brand training in a timely manner and maintain compliance with all brand standards
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection
- The selected candidate will deliver timely and effective communication with a direct report and other applicable staff
- Make sales appointments and cold calls to consistently prospect accounts for all direct sales segments.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Accounts Coverage Program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections, etc.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, internet, email, outlook, excel, and end design
- 5 years of experience in sales
- 3-5 years of experience in Luxury sales
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent team player and innovator fostering a culture of performance, accountability, trust, and credibility
- Ability to identify, target new accounts, and sell concepts and ideas to clients
- Ability to create and deliver a high-quality experience that meets or exceeds our guests’ expectations
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
$60,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year