Thursday | October 13, 2016 | 7:30pm | Music Night at Bogies | Andy Hill & Renee Safier (tickets sold by artist)
Since a chance meeting at the University of Denver, Andy Hill and his singing partner Renee Safier have carved out a unique musical niche for themselves in the Los Angeles music scene and beyond.
Their performances, more than two hundred a year, are as much social gathering as musical event. Part fan family reunion, part rock and roll tent revival, their incomparable live shows attract a large, enthusiastic and fiercely loyal group of fans. Both Andy & Renee are celebrated songwriters. As a songwriter, Andy Hill is a student of the folk and rock classics, and it shows. Boundary-pushing use of the language, sweeping vocal harmonies, unforgettable melodic content, and tightly crafted arrangements are all hallmarks of his writing and producing style. As one reviewer said of Renee, "...Safier's voice drips with an aching sensitivity filtered through delicate beauty and a fragility that would break and disappear in less capable hands...”.
Andy & Renee have performed all over the world, including the Telluride Blues and Brews, Kerrville Folk and Napa Valley Music Festivals, The Fringe at the Cork Jazz Festival in Ireland, the Bob Dylan Festival in Alba, Italy, as well as a performance at China’s largest Folk Festival in Nanning, China. The duo’s PBS Concert Special, filmed at the University of Colorado, was a regional Emmy winner.
Together, Andy & Renee have recorded 15 CDs, and they create a unique musical experience you will want to experience again and again and share with your friends and family.
- International Acoustic Music Awards – First Place, Best Duo or Group.
- Telluride Solo Acoustic Blues Competition Winner– Renee Safier
- LA Music Awards “Americana Group of the Year”
- Dallas Songwriter’s Assn. -1st Place-Singer-Songwriter Category
- International Song Contest Semifinalist
- Song Universe "Best Song" Finalist
- Singer Universe-Best Vocalist, Renee Safier
- UK Songwriting Contest Semi-Finalist
- Kerrville New Folk Finalist