Simply be the best! Join the Westlake Village Inn team today as our full-time Accounting Manager.
In this role, you will supervise and coordinate the Accounting Operations for the Westlake Village Inn to ensure accurate, timely, and consistent reporting in accordance with hotel policies and procedures and federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Maintain control over income, expenses, and the assets and liabilities of the hotels. Responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes, and internal controls.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with hotel policies and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget, forecasts, taxes, and other financial reports ensuring accurate and timely information is provided to management and owners.
- Train, monitor, and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance and accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses, and expenses.
- Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitor, control, and record all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the hotel.
- Review the cash position of the hotel daily to optimize the use of funds.
- Ensure gains/losses on the sale/disposal of fixed assets are properly disclosed and recorded on the Statement of Changes in financial position and on the P&L statement.
- 8 years of Hotel Accounting management experience. (Preferred)
- Requires advanced knowledge of accounting, finance, and hospitality professions.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Excel, Microsoft Office, PMS Sage 100
- Requires the ability to analyze activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive a logical conclusion.
- Requires the ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and communication skills.
$125,000.00 per year