Job Summary: Join our team! The Westlake Village Inn is currently looking for a Catering Manager who will be responsible for all day-to-day catering services. Develop contracts and oversee all administrative and operational aspects of preparing and selling events and catered parties. Work with banquet and other departments to assure that the guests’ expectations are exceeded, and the highest quality food and service are delivered.
- Helps clients arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances, and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Works with the Executive Chef to determine selling prices, menus, and other details for catered events; oversees the development of contracts; assures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are current and reflect clients’ interests.
- Transmits necessary information to and coordinates event planning with production and serving staff. Arranges for printing of menus, procuring of decorations, entertainment, and other special requests, etc.
- Inspects finished arrangements; may be present to oversee guests’ actual greeting and serving.
- Responsible for hands-on service work when needed and orchestrating events when necessary.
- Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls or visits to assess ongoing needs of prospective clients for catering services.
- Assists with the completion of in-house banquet event orders (BEOs).
- Reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate to help assure that budget goal is met.
- Critiques functions to determine future needs and to implement necessary changes for increased quality.
- Attends staff and management meetings to review policies, procedures, and future business and continually develop the quality and image of banquet functions.
- Assumes responsibility of manager-on-duty when necessary.
- Diagrams of room layout, banquet item placement, and related function details.
- Meets with other department managers to plan food and beverage aspects of special events organized by the staff members.
- Manages banquet billing and arranges prompt payment for all events.
- Update weekly function information for all affected staff.
- Serves as liaison between kitchen, service, and management staff.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Director of Catering.
$33,815.52 – 40,000.00 per year