Mediterraneo Night Cook
Mediterraneo is looking for a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals to serve our patrons. The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning, prepping food, cooking meals, and keeping a sanitized work area. We seek an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food quality and presentation, which is very important for our business.
Hours Required: Part-Time
Number of Employees Supervised: None
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to the position including Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Prepares food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Maintain post on kitchen line as required during operating hours to prepare food to order maintaining the highest standards of efficiency productivity and quality.
- Prepare food as required following specifications.
- Operate, maintain, and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Must have a good understanding of ingredients, products, and equipment.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation.
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of the kitchen and equipment.
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift.
- Practice safe work habits to avoid possible injury to self or other associates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- Superior knife skills, experience with butchery and be well-versed in cooking temperatures.
- California Food handler’s card required
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling & sanitation standards.
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Must have a flexible schedule as overtime may be required from time to time.
Physical Demands: The employee must meet the physical demands to perform the essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Able to stand, walk, hear and talk for long periods
- Must be manually dexterous and able to use hands, fingers, and arms for extensive periods
- Able to lift can carry up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in varying temperatures
$17.00 – $25.00 per hour